Monday, 17 June 2013 10:34
Simple bash script that walks a given list of router ips for WAN interface ips, and then configures ping checks on each of those wan ips with each respective ping check listed as a service for the router. The script also requires a template with specific variablized syntax for the creation of the config. The script also copies the static config to the static directory and restarts nagios.
1. Create a New command in XI (you only have to do this once):
Go to XI --> CCM --> Commands --> add new:
Command name: check_client_ping
Command Line: $USER1$/check_ping -H $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
2. Create a directory in /usr/local/libexec for script, template, and router ip list.
3. Download the add_wan.sh script and the template.cfg template to the above directory.
4. Generate a file in the above directory with a list of ips and hostnames of all the router you wish to walk, for example:
5. The script can be run from the cli with the following syntax:
Alternatively, it can be cron'd for easy regeneration of dynamic wan ips. Advanced users can setup an event handler as well.